Shop Powder Coating Powder and Accessories Now (US Store)!Shop Powder Coating Powder and Accessories Now (Canada Store)!

Powder365.com

The forum for powder coaters by powder coaters.

Using pressure pot with blast cabinet?

All topics related to stripping techniques

Postby alleykat » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Im having trouble with some stubborn parts right now which makes me want to finally build a blast room to use my pressure pot.

I was thinking -maybe- i can just drill a hole on my big siphon cabinet and run my pot hose into it and use it like that.It shouldn't be any different in theory compared to people making cabinets and using pots instead of running a siphon setup with it.

Thoughts before I start drilling?
Alex from Texas.
alleykat

Re: Using pressure pot with blast cabinet?

Postby boredinhawaii » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:08 pm

put a grommet in the hole so it wont cut the line and a piece canvas your media will stay inside the cabinet.
"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another drink." —W.C. Fields
boredinhawaii

Postby alleykat » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:26 pm

boredinhawaii wrote:put a grommet in the hole so it wont cut the line and a piece canvas your media will stay inside the cabinet.

Thats what I was thinking.Just wanted to double check it wasn't a bad idea in general. :mrgreen:
Alex from Texas.
alleykat

Postby BeeBob » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm building a cabinet just for my pressure pot it's 3 x 4 x 5. While I was researching ideas, I found one site where the hose was connected to the side of the cabinet with a through barbed pipe connector. The only prob I see with that is you "might" have to limit yourself on the amount of hose you get inside the cab thus creating odd bends in the hose and you have to cut the hose to connect it to the in and outside barbed fitting. So would the "fixed" hose be better than being able to "adjust" sliding/pulling the hose in and out? For those of you that use a pressure pot with the hose in a cabinet, how much of the hose is actually inside the cabinet and is your hose fixed or moveable? When bending the blast hose at odd angles, do you see a dramatic increase in the wear on the hose?
BeeBob

Postby LarryH » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:57 pm

boredinhawaii wrote:put a grommet in the hole so it wont cut the line and a piece canvas your media will stay inside the cabinet.

I found a grommet that fit my pressure pot hose perfectly so no leaks. I use my syphon 99% of the time, but it is nice to have the option for the stubborn stuff like you mentioned.
"Friends don't let friends ride metrics"

www.facebook.com/KillerKustomPowderCoatings
LarryH

Postby filterking » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:09 pm

I used a plumbing fitting and connected hose either side
filterking

Return to CHEMICALS AND BLASTING