Air line system

All things Air Compressor Related
SmartWerks

Air line system

Post by SmartWerks » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:15 am

Just started to fit permenant air system in the workshop. Went for 3/4 copper piping. Made 2 condensers, one for the main compressor and the other for the noisey oil less I use to supply the powder gun
20150617_172755(1).jpg
20150617_172755(1).jpg (139.01 KiB) Viewed 1608 times

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Re: Air line system

Post by duke46 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:03 am

That might be a little over kill but should do a great job on catching moisture as long as you install enough drains or maybe add an auto one that could be plumbed in using some 1/4" hose and drain a few of them?

I have a like new large oil less one that my son had in his motor cycle shop in GA. I do remember how loud it was. It has been in my new 4 car garage sense we built it. But don't need the noisy thing in there as of yet. Just need a little one like I have to fill up tires when needed. Not sure if it would operate much in the way of an air tool?
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SmartWerks

Re: Air line system

Post by SmartWerks » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:18 am

The 1/4 inch drops are for the drain points, straight into the 3/4 inch manifold. I just haven't fitted the down pipe and tap. Half plan half making up as I go along ;) plan on fitting auto drains to the compressors but just use manual taps on the air system. Going to add a dessicated and oil filter on the main line just before the blaster so hoping for good clean air - fingers crossed :D

and a big thank Duke, it was a link you provided to a hotrod forum showing a similar set up :D