CFM, Air Dryer confusion and setup question...

All things Air Compressor Related
ChicagoCustomPC
My Location: Northlake

CFM, Air Dryer confusion and setup question...

Post by ChicagoCustomPC » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:47 pm

I am having a little trouble, I am using a 48x48 direct pressure blast cabinet @ a max of 65 psi but mostly running on 50-55. I will also be running my wagner/gema gun with an inlet pressure of 100psi. My setup starts at a 110psi feed from the compressor. I am working out of an auto body shop that had spare room in the service center. But I am unsure to what CFM air dryer I should have, where to put it, and I am hearing different answers.

I was told to put a regulator at 110psi off the line that comes from the body shop, followed into a hard pipe T with one end going to the gun, and one end going to the blaster, and then having a regulator of its own on each end, water separator and then an air dryer on each end. Is that the way to do it?

The other way someone mentioned was to put one regulator on the end of the main line, one separator, and one big air dryer, then T off into each item with a regulator.

Im stuck...Anyone want to help! Thanks guys!

ed1966ss
My Location:

Re: CFM, Air Dryer confusion and setup question...

Post by ed1966ss » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:38 pm

I'm not sure there is a single best answer, it's whatever works for you.

I have a regulator near the compressors that I set usually around 100psi, then the line goes to the air dryer. From there I have air lines branching to different areas. My Empire blast cabinet has a built in regulator so I adjust to whatever pressure is needed. I have a Motorguard Coalescing Air Filter just before the Empire but I'm not sure it's needed as I never see moisture that far from the dryer.

I also have a Motorguard at the hookup for the PC gun just a an additional precaution. For liquid paint guns I use small Motor Guard Disposable Desiccant Filters attached to the gun.

WiseAssYT
My Location: Leaps ahead of you

Re: CFM, Air Dryer confusion and setup question...

Post by WiseAssYT » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:37 am

Google images of
Shop air lines , compressed air piping , shop compressed air line layout ,really only you can dictate what is best for your setup in your space , but use the ideas so you stop yourself from trying to reinvent the wheel.