Compressors

All things Air Compressor Related
RA Dunk
My Location: Scotland

Compressors

Post by RA Dunk » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:42 pm

Going to be buying a bigger compressor any day now, will a 40CFM compressor be big enough to clean or tidy up wheels that have been chemically stripped with B17?

crash32301
My Location: boise

Re: Compressors

Post by crash32301 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:04 pm

001 (6).JPG
001 (6).JPG (129.64 KiB) Viewed 2396 times
001 (7).JPG
001 (7).JPG (198.04 KiB) Viewed 2396 times
it will do A fine job just like any of our equipment compressors , ovens it will never be big enough , just make sure you have the correct power to be able to supply the compressor most likely 3 phase
Last edited by crash32301 on Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark
Boise Idaho

RA Dunk

Post by RA Dunk » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:27 am

That's good to hear then I've have got 3 phase in the workshop, was going to struggle for space for something bigger! :) :mrgreen:

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Post by duke46 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:45 am

When chemical stripping then all that is needed is an etch blasting. I only use a 14/17 cfm compressor to do that. Now if we are not able to chemical strip a part then I fire up both compressors and end up with 28 or better cfm for operating one of my pressure pots.

40 cfm is enough to blast about anything you need and not chemical strip.
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RA Dunk

Post by RA Dunk » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Thanks Duke, I was worried I would need bigger but coming from a guy of your experiance that's reassuring to know, I'm more than happy now! :D :mrgreen:

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Post by duke46 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:16 pm

Compressors are very durable and used and exposed to a lot of the elements. If you need shop space and can do it then place them on the outside and just build a small closure for it. Both of mine or outside. One is in an old box bed so it is protected from everything but temps and the other is just covered up with a tarp and when needed we uncover it. I have never liked having to hear a dag compressor running in the space I am trying to work. I want to hear my radio :D

Just remember you can piggy back them and double your cfm when needed. That is the way I and others have done over the last few years and works great. If you ever want to do that then you just set them to come on at diff pressures so they do not start at the same time. But most of the ones our guys have done are single phase and not 3 phase so have no idea how that would work or even if it would even effect anything?

Have a good one and coat on and on :D
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RA Dunk

Post by RA Dunk » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:38 pm

If I was to move my comp outside it would be gone inside of a day, I've got four different locks on my workshop door to make sure it dosent go walk abouts from the inside lol :lol: