Buildung a compressor

All things Air Compressor Related
pavetim
My Location: japan

Buildung a compressor

Post by pavetim » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:40 am

Ok I have a nice older Gilbarco tank think its 60 gallon. I can't afford super huge but what I am looking at is a Kore 7.5hp two stage pump, think its rated 26cfm at 175psi. And will be using either a 13hp predator gas engine or 18hp Honda engine assuming its still available. What do you recommend to hard line size? The tank has a hard mounted elbow for the inlet but it seems super small to me, should I plumb it into those big giant ports with the pipe plugs in them? Oh I am so going to use a air conditioner conde skr for my pre cooler and dessicant filter down the line. I really wanted an Eaton pump but shipping is $180 alone.

pavetim

Re: Buildung a compressor

Post by pavetim » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:49 am

Here are the pumps I am looking at. The second one is a 10hp think rated 35cfm at 175 psi.

https://www.compressorworld.com/5-hp-re ... -1105.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.compressorworld.com/10-hp-i ... -pump.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shag9499
My Location:

Post by shag9499 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:09 pm

not sure about those brand pumps but eaton polar air may be another option. ive never heard anything bad about eaton and service seems to be good as well as warranty. more than anything it depends how much air you need and your budget. the consensus seems to be that blasting powder off is not an efficient way of removal. so 15-20 cfm may be plenty for your needs as long as your not blasting off powder.

https://www.eatoncompressor.com/bare-pu ... essor-pump" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pavetim

Post by pavetim » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:13 am

It was going to hook up a car air conditioner condensor for an intercooler but I may have to put compressor info the shed and run about 60 feet of galvanized pipe underground. If I run undergrojmd would i even need a cooler?

Poopie
My Location: 19468

Post by Poopie » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:40 am

Kind of off topic, but what kind of motor does it take the get that 5hp eaton going? I have a 5 HP motor 230v single phase running a twin stage rated 3hp compressor for about 14cfm and i need a little more to hold me over. I'm wondering if that motor has enough juice to turn it. Thanks for the help fellas.

pavetim

Post by pavetim » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:24 pm

I'm running a 14hp briggs gas motor and pulley size to make compressor 730rpm, 10hp

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Post by duke46 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:15 pm

Poopie wrote:Kind of off topic, but what kind of motor does it take the get that 5hp eaton going? I have a 5 HP motor 230v single phase running a twin stage rated 3hp compressor for about 14cfm and i need a little more to hold me over. I'm wondering if that motor has enough juice to turn it. Thanks for the help fellas.
Well I have read your post 4 times now and still do not understand what you are asking? What am I missing :?:
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Post by duke46 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:18 pm

pavetim wrote:It was going to hook up a car air conditioner condensor for an intercooler but I may have to put compressor info the shed and run about 60 feet of galvanized pipe underground. If I run undergrojmd would i even need a cooler?
Well by now you have done it so what have you found out may I ask? It is for sure with that much pipe in the ground there will not be any excess heat for sure but just what ever happen and the moisture made at the pump.
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pavetim

Post by pavetim » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:25 pm

Actually will have it running tomorrow and I am not running pipe under ground, just short pipe in shed buf it's copper and I found a pretty big transmission cooler I am going to adapt. I'll let you know how it goes.

pavetim

Post by pavetim » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:43 am

Well so far i put a water seperator in the 3/4 line going to the tank and a seperator amd home made dessicant filter in my 1/2 line to my hose. Get water in the pre filter and not much in the 1/2 one. I have one last filter after the dessicant filter right where my hose exits amd nothing there. Still gonma do my radiator pre cooler though just have to get an adjustable base cause belts keep loosening, need to fix that first.