Tiger drylac questions

Knick
My Location: MI

Tiger drylac questions

Post by Knick » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:23 am

I have a small job that calls for STATUARY BRONZE 038/60080. I am looking for a equivalent or somewhere I can get
just a pound of tiger.

Any ideas?

Thank you
Knick

Jay V
My Location:

Re: Tiger drylac questions

Post by Jay V » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:48 am

Unless you run across someone that has it and will sell you some, you need to buy a MiniPack of #5 from Tiger. You can do a lot of parts with #5, and it isn't going to be cheap.

I use a fair amount of standard Tiger powder, but for most of my jobs I don't need #5 - so I get it buy the pound here or from NIC.

Unless it's critical, I would start by getting some swatches of similar colors from NIC. The Tiger powder is a Super Durable (38-Series) and is going to be rather expensive to use for a small job.

Never buy powder and charge the customer for only the amount you used on that job, assuming you will use the remainder for another job. It rarely works out, and you will eat the cost of the powder and most likely lose money on the job.

Knick
My Location: MI

Post by Knick » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:12 am

Yes I did not want to order the mini pack so I just ordered a swatch from tiger and will get some from NIC so I can compare. Maybe I can get the architect to pick something from NIC

Thanks Jay

Jay V
My Location:

Post by Jay V » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:20 pm

Knick wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:12 am
Yes I did not want to order the mini pack so I just ordered a swatch from tiger and will get some from NIC so I can compare. Maybe I can get the architect to pick something from NIC

Thanks Jay
That's a good idea.

There is a difference in durability between the Tiger Super Durable powder and standard NIC powder, if that is a concern.