Blast room in trailer?

All topics related to stripping techniques
repsolracer22
My Location:

Blast room in trailer?

Post by repsolracer22 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:36 am

I have a nice condition 24 ft enclosed trailer. I havent used it much over the last 5 years so Id like to turn it into a blast room/area. I already own it, its on wheels, etc etc. Fu*k it

Question .... if you were going to make this in to a blast area, what type of fan would you install? The trailer is 8.5ft wide, 7ft tall inside, and 24ft long. Im assuming just a big tube axial fan (sealed) in the front? There is a side door, and a ramp door in the back. There are also 2 air vents on top of trailer.

Im assuming its best to pull air across, and not up .. correct? So im assuming it would be good to just install a big-ish axial fan in the front of trailer (like a 24") and put some explosion proof lights in there, and pad the walls, and go to work? Any suggestions or recommendations?
Attachments
24 FAN (2).jpg
SAW THIS ONE ON EBAY. ITS SEALED AND 24" 1HP
24 FAN (2).jpg (20.96 KiB) Viewed 4345 times
1silver-trailer.jpg
1silver-trailer.jpg (22.48 KiB) Viewed 4346 times

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Re: Blast room in trailer?

Post by duke46 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:51 am

Sure would hate to use what you have for that. Unless you want to be able to move it easy? I would sell it if you can and then go after a used storage container if it were me.

If he does not rspond to your post then here is who you need to ask. He has or had one and he built it. I can't find the pictures of it but have seen them somewhere?

He is one of our mods SM]Juan

http://www.snailmotorsports.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

repsolracer22
My Location:

Post by repsolracer22 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:04 pm

duke46 wrote:Sure would hate to use what you have for that. Unless you want to be able to move it easy? I would sell it if you can and then go after a used storage container if it were me.

If he does not rspond to your post then here is who you need to ask. He has or had one and he built it. I can't find the pictures of it but have seen them somewhere?

He is one of our mods SM]Juan

http://www.snailmotorsports.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

well i have a couple of the sea containers (20ft) but those things are so freaking heavy and a pain to move and deal with. i got the trailer for $800 in like 2005. So not a huge loss. Plus it already has air vents on top of trailer too :)

but my question was just about the fan type/style and what to do with dust. pipe the fan down to a barrel of water perhaps? Tow the trailer into the field where there's nothing around? what about lights inside and what to pad the walls and floor with?

duke46
My Location: East Coast NC

Post by duke46 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:42 pm

Any type rubber type product would be good like the shop mats. Old conveyor belts would be good also. The rubber would not break down the media that by passes what you are blasting.

As for as dust you might consider a water spray system that sprays when blasting. I have seen like a wall and water running down and all the dust goes down with it.

Have you bought your blast hood an fresh air unit yet?
All I have said is said just for meanness so I don't have to argue with anyone!

http://www.pcitdad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

repsolracer22
My Location:

Post by repsolracer22 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:44 pm

duke46 wrote:Any type rubber type product would be good like the shop mats. Old conveyor belts would be good also. The rubber would not break down the media that by passes what you are blasting.

As for as dust you might consider a water spray system that sprays when blasting. I have seen like a wall and water running down and all the dust goes down with it.

Have you bought your blast hood an fresh air unit yet?

i have not bought a suit or anything. my guy who does it for me has his own stuff. he's good. just need the setup

repsolracer22
My Location:

Post by repsolracer22 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:30 pm

If I wanted to do this with a sea container, would that be better? Or stick with trailer idea?

RandyH
My Location: Md

Post by RandyH » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:12 pm

I have a 24ft trailer I would love to make some kind of trade with you. Mine is not as nice and I never got a title, so it would be perfect for what you want to do.

Randy

9guy9
My Location: Mankato, MN

Post by 9guy9 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:54 pm

A shipping container is 10 times stronger than a trailer. And about a third the price. I work for the rail road and all our mechanical shops/storage buildings are shipping containers. I would sell the trailer and use the money to get a shipping container and set it up nicely.
Raatz & Burger Coatings
https://www.facebook.com/raatzandburgercoatings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

repsolracer22
My Location:

Post by repsolracer22 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:34 pm

RandyH wrote:I have a 24ft trailer I would love to make some kind of trade with you. Mine is not as nice and I never got a title, so it would be perfect for what you want to do.

Randy

post up pics & info

repsolracer22
My Location:

Post by repsolracer22 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:35 pm

RandyH wrote:I have a 24ft trailer I would love to make some kind of trade with you. Mine is not as nice and I never got a title, so it would be perfect for what you want to do.

Randy

post up pics & info